Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twilight's Pinoy version rumors: So what?!

Blogging gives anyone the liberty to express their selves in ways that no one should care, even in their lamest thoughts. I do. But then people start to read your site, and you’d like them to appreciate your work. I’m actually flattered that you’re reading this post right now. Of course, I also understand those who might hate this blog. Can’t please everyone, you know. I also understand those who have the courage to show their abhorrence, as long as it’s justifiable and nothing physical or personal. So what with the long introduction? Okay, let’s get this over with. I visited my Multiply account and as soon as I clicked the ‘Inbox’ button, I saw a long list of blog entries and posts with aggressive titles and contents—swearing, slurring and explicitly subjective. They’re there for the world to see. But even the simplest thoughts could sometimes trouble me, like the one above. So what do I have to say with this? I’m a Twilight fan, and I wouldn’t care if anybody tries to translate it in Filipino, in the same manner that I wouldn’t care if they translate it to Mandarin or French. I don’t think it will make the original Twilight a lesser piece of work. That’s no biggie. Stephenie Meyer will probably even increase her number of Filipino fans through this. Besides, there should be nothing to be ashamed of. In the civilized world, it is simple really: If you don’t like it, then don’t watch it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why watch a copy when you can watch the original. i think most pinoy understand english.

Reyville of Simply Manila said...

i think this is for TV though.

Anonymous said...

uhmm i really dont like Rayver...maybe if they look for another Edward i would like it...uhmm someone whos not yet been introduced to showbiz and has a very handsome filipino feature...after all its a TAGALIZED version of twilight...

Pinoy Contests said...

Can't get enough of Twilight? Here's a contest to satisfy your cravings for Twilight stuff! http://pinoycontests.blogspot.com/2008/12/win-twilight-tote-bag-and-keychain.html