Sunday, July 31, 2011

Meet Me Halfway 1.2

I just discovered today that I can access Simply Manila from the office. See, I’ve been here for a very long time now, but I really didn’t try to visit my blog as I think it is risky, let alone access Blogger and start posting. But since I realized that I spend more time here than I do at home or anywhere else, I thought why not connect with my readers even with just a simple post like this to let them know that I’m alive and kicking. Life in the office lately sucks big time, and I realized only lately that I’m stuck in a department (to put it simply) where work ethics doesn’t exist (or almost). We don’t have regular meetings like we usually do when I was in Sales. No CFU (checking for understanding), no one’s correcting the Team Leaders’ unacceptable behaviors (tardiness, absenteeism, early log outs, negligence, etc.), and obstructive activities like backstabbing and crab-mentality exist everywhere. Even a person like me who can always pretend like I don’t really care or give a damn could not stomach it. This is just sad. I am even more saddened for our business leader, because he seemed like he’s okay with it. Didn’t he ever realize that what we are is a reflection of what he is? Maybe not entirely, but a good leader can always make things right. “Why fix something that’s not broken?” I even heard him said that once. Clearly, he lost his vision.

Click to see/hide the rest of this post.

2 comments:

elmerlovesoreo said...

Your blog title suggest that you're actually dating someone and asking for some "compromise" on things.

I was surprised you're talking about work hehehe

Rent said...

Hahaha. This is me introducing myself. I want my readers know who I am but not everything about myself. So Meet Me Halfway. Hehehehe.